Friday, March 21, 2008

High School Graduation

Since my spirit is with my classmates celebrating their reunion, I surfed our yahoogroups and found this picture taken during our graduation day 30 years ago! I don't have any more high school pictures in my photo albums, and this one really provided me some memories of yesteryears, especially that most memorable day in high school.

The photo is courtesy of Angelita Balmaceda (now Tagaro) who now resides in Australia. Good for her, she was able to bring this pictures when she settled down under.

The front row shows Chona Eco, our valedictorian, Eileen Fajardo, salutatorian, Lita Balmaceda, First Hon. Mention, me, and Dolito Barrozo, Third Honorable Mention. It was an emotional ceremony as the two top honors who delivered speeches were all dedicating their achievements to their fathers who were watching the ceremony from heaven, especially to Eileen, who lost her father just weeks before graduation. On the other hand, it was also a funny occassion, as I remember, their were many girls who lost their heels while climbing the steep stairs of the makeshift stage in the ampitheater.

1 comment: